- 1 medium potato
- A knob of butter
- A tablespoon of milk
- 2 small handful of grated cheese
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
Ask a grown up to help you grate the cheese
- Turn your oven
onto200°C/400° or Gas mark 6.
- Wash your potato and prick it with a fork.
- Put your potato on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Test your potato to see if it is cooked by sticking a skewer into it. If it is soft it is cooked if not pop it back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
youpotato is cooked slice it in half and scoop out the middle into a bowl.
- Mash it together with a little milk and butter then add the cheese.
- Scoop the filling back into the potato skin and pop them back in the oven for 15 minutes until they are light brown. If you want you can decorate them with a bit of parsley to give it a bit of colour.
- Serve by itself or with a small bowl of salad.