- 84g (3 oz) plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 28 g(1 oz) caster sugar
- 56g(2oz) butter
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Baking Tray
- Wire rack
- Rolling pin
Time- bake for 15 minutes at Temperature- 180 C or Gas mark 4
Is it good to have some Children’s Cooking Utensils to hand.
- Sieve together, the flour, salt and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 C or gas mark 4
- Grease your baking tray lightly with butter
- Work in the butter with a light kneading action, the mixture should bind together and clean the bowl.
- Dust the worktop with a sprinkle of sugar, and roll out the mixture until it is approximately 5 mm.
- Use your shape cutter and cut out the shapes.
- Place these spread out onto an already greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven until lightly golden brown
- Leave to cool for a few minutes after getting them out of the oven. Then use your palette knife and place them on to the wire rack.
- Sprinkle them with caster sugar to finish