- 900g of pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 flat teaspoon of curry powder, mild or medium strength
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
Equipment: Good to have some Kids Cooking Tools
- 2 large saucepans
- Vegetable peeler
- Chopping board
- Small sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- A garlic crusher ( this is not essential a knife will be fine)
- Peel the potato, onion and pumpkin then cut them into cubes. Always ask an adult to help when using a sharp knife
- Boil the kettle approximately half way.
- Ask an adult to pour the half boiling water into the pan and turn the hob on for you.
- Then boil the pumpkin and the bay leaf until the pumpkin feels quite soft.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Put 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil into the other saucepan, ask an adult to turn the hob on for you and add the onion and garlic to the pan. Making sure you stir very often so it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the curry powder to the onion and garlic and stir.
- Next add the onion, garlic and curry powder into the pumpkin.
- Now add the potato, vegetable stock and salt and pepper. Allow
to simmeruntil cooked.
- Once cooked ask an adult to pour the soup into a blender and blend until it becomes a creamy consistency.