So what is Photosynthesis?
In order to grow, plants need energy which they get from sunlight, this is called Photosynthesis. A green substance called chlorophyll is found in the cells of the plant’s leaves.
The chlorophyll captures energy from the sunlight, at the same time it uses the carbon dioxide through its leaves as food and water from the soil.
They all mix together to produce energy which it uses to grow. How clever is that? Now you can see why plants are as important to the atmosphere as they breathe in the carbon dioxide we breath out and then they breathe out the oxygen that we breathe in. Talk about a fair exchange!
*This post contains affiliate links
Georgie the Magpie says – “I have been telling Dan for years how smart those plants of his are, it is amazing how they can do all of that in such a small space”.
- Plants are like a small factory that keeps us and themselves alive.
- Photosynthesis is the process that some plants go through to survive.
- Plants use their leaves to absorb Sunshine and Carbon Dioxide and use their roots to take up water and minerals from the soil.
- Plants are amazing because they recycle the Carbon Dioxide that we breathe out and give us back clean Oxygen to breathe in.
- Plants are the reason that Humans, Animals, Birds and Insects can stay alive, Did you know that the leaves of a green Plant are not actually green.
- This is because there are different types of light.
- Plants especially like red and blue types of light.
- The reason that we see them as green is that they cannot absorb the green colour of light.