- 2 Eggs
- A knob of butter
- A little bit of salt and pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped ham
- A small non-stick frying pan
- A fork
- Chopping board
- A sharp knife to chop the ham
- Measuring jug
- A spatula
Ask a grown-up to help you with the sharp knife to chop the ham.
Good to have some Kids Cooking Tools around
- Crack both eggs into a jug adding the salt and pepper and beat them lightly,
- Melt the butter in the small frying pan, then add the eggs.
- As the Omelette starts to set you can add your chopped ham
- You can gently tilt the pan away from you letting any runny mixture run to the edge of the pan to cook.
- When your Omelette has set, loosen the edges with your spatula and fold it over.
Omelettes are a great hot nutritious snack. They can be served with salad, crusty bread or a sprinkle of chips.